Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day at the Airport!

So yesterday I spent most of my day in the airport! I got my first flight Tuesday night and we flew to Columbia, SC. So Yesterday our plane back to Washington/Dulles was delayed, so we got to the airport about 3pm. Keeping in mind we were originally supposed to leave at 2:25pm And we we kept seeing was DELAYED!! So the crew that was supposed to leave about 7pm shows up for their call time at about 6pm. Long story short....both of our flight ended up being canceled, which we found out about 10pm. And it was all due to weather in VA. There was severe weather and TORNADO watches in DC. How crazy is that....im just glad we werent there. They had to shut down the ATC (traffic) tower and have then got to the ground. So This moring....I am working the flight back to Washington/Dulles that was supposed to leave at 6:10am, but as of right now isn't going to take-off till 8:30am. So now I am up just chillin' in the hotel, not the airport thank goodness! So that is how my day went since I got my first trip. Just hopefully, once I get to the airport the plane will actually leave and we wont have to spend another day chillin' in the wonderful airport...but then again I guess I better get used to it! :-)

2 comments:

LeslieK said...

do you like being a flight attendant? I'm considering it...thanks to you!

Spencer and Aly Larsen said...

Emilee! Hey! I got your message from Mike's wedding, but Spencer and I had plans already that night. let me know when you will be in town again!