Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's offical....

We have finally decided on a name....well first name for sure! His name is going to be TYLER!!! :-) For as long as it has taken us to decide....we both really like this name!
35 WEEKS!! I can't believe I only have about 5 more weeks to go! I will be delivering at Memorial Hospital....which is also where I was born! We are all pre-registered, and I am hoping to take a maternity orientation & tour on Thursday. I didn't take any classes...my Dr. never really said anything about it...so I'm not sure if very many people take them anymore. I just found out last week that they offer them at the hospital.....but its a 4 week class and cost $45. So I think I'm a little too late for that, seeing that I only have 5 weeks left till my due date! But I might try calling tomorrow and finding out. But if you guys have anything to tell me that might help me out....please do. It's always good to hear things from other people....besides just my sister. ;)
But in other news.....Jeremy found out that the county for the sheriff's job is on a hiring freeze, but his stuff has been assigned to a background investigator...so hopefully this hiring freeze wont last too long! As for Jack In The Box.....he hasn't even worked since his 1st week! How retarted is that!!!! How to they expect people to remember what they have been taught if they haven't worked in 3 weeks!! SO he has been looking for other jobs. Last week he went to a hiring orientation thing for Dryers Ice Cream. They are closing down the plant in Texas and expanding the one here in Bakersfield. So they are hiring a bunch of people right now for temporary work 40 + hours a week. He interviewed for that, and sent him to go do a drug test and hearing test the next day. Now we are just waiting for him to hear back from them!! I am just hoping that this goes though. We really need him to get a job..(that works him)! Especially to save up money b/c we don't know what our living situation is going to be, because my parents are going to be loosing their house...we just don't know when that is going to happen.
Other than that we are doing great! Just keeping busy and getting everything ready for the baby. One more 2 week Dr. apt and then I start going every week!! We are both getting really exciting...and he is moving all the time!! I can't wait to see our little guy!!!

4 comments:

Amy J said...

Tyler Jones, I love it! How cute. 5 more weeks, I'm so excited for you. I didn't take any classes either. Just the little orientation thing at the hospital. After going through 24 hours of labor, I actually don't have too much advice about labor itself. Dannon tried helping me breathe but I think I told him to stop because he wasn't breathing like I wanted to. Some say bring music to listen to, but I didn't want. All I wanted was to talk to Dannon. I say just bring anything possible that you might want while you are there... music, books, socks, your own pillow, snacks for afterwards... And tell Jeremy to bring lots of snacks and stuff for himself!

I hope Jeremy gets the job and your living situation works out.

Its only 7am so I am probably rambling, but you are going to do great! Can't wait for you to have little Tyler and see pictures. Oh and we are planning our Cali/AZ trip for mid-August probably!

Kendra said...

Hi! This is Karen's sister. I took the class with my first ans was glad I did because I learnes a lot. You'll figure out what breathing tenique works best for you. It will all work out, and the nurses are always there to help you. I prefered not to talk to any one while in labor not even my husband, he just sat back and waited for me to ask for him. I am due in May with baby #5 and still get nervous the closer I get, they say you forget the pain but when your this far along you remember. I choose to deliver drug free, so it's painful, but all worth it. Deffinetly have Jeremy bring himself a chand of clothes and lots of snacks and change for the vending machines. I always bring my own pillow, the more the better. Good Luck with everything.

Em said...

Tyler is such a CUTE NAME! Aww, I can't wait to see his cute little self!
Obviously I can't give you labor advice, but good luck!
Also, good luck with Jeremy finding a job! Did he try the schools? They pay pretty well, and they will definitely work you! Even right now if he applied for a classified substitute, he can choose his hours, and there's always several calls per day. It's great to have as a back-up when trying to find something else. Any school district will be looking for classified subs, even if it's not listed, and they almost always hire.

carrin said...

Tyler Jones is such an incredibly cute name, flows so nicely. Good luck.