Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today is the day!

So here's the deal! They are inducing me TODAY! I just called the hospital to see if they had any beds available, and they think that they will have one about 8:30am so I gotta call back then. So hopefully I will have him today. :-)
My family keeps asking me why they are inducing me today...just one day after my "technical due date" which my original due date was the 13th. But since when I had my ultrasound he was measuring a week early, getting April 6th as the EDD. So I could be 8 days overdue or just 1....who knows!
On Sunday night, I finally started having contractions. OMG did they hurt, I thought I was going to go to the hospital then, I was getting the rest of my stuff packed. They went on for like an hour 1/2, and then just stopped all of a sudden. Honestly, I was kinda sad when they stopped, because I was really hoping I was in Labor. At my doctor's appointment yesterday I was dilated to about a 2!! And told him about my contractions, and he said that they could go on like that for weeks, if they weren't inducing me tomorrow. But they ARE!
So after my contractions Sunday night and feeling how bad they hurt, is starting to make me nervous. But at the same time I am really excited! I can't wait to be a mommy!
Well I'm going to go lay back down in bed for about an hour or so. I will try to post again when I actually go to the hospital...I will be delivering at Memorial. And I will try to post some pictures after he is born...if not on here check facebook or myspace!

3 comments:

Em said...

Wow, how exciting!! Congrats and I hope all goes well! Good luck!

Clay and Kayde said...

How exciting. Don't worry just get the epidural and you won't feel anything.

Brooke said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you, and, I have to admit, jealous! Not the giving labor part, but becoming a mom. What an awesome experience. Congratulations!